I have been living in Italy for quite a few years and I find that not as many Italians can speak English as those from other European countries. I LOVE Italy! To me it’s the most beautiful country in the world. I would like to see more people able to speak English better. It is becoming ever more important to learn it.
I know so many Italians who have studied “scholastic” English but aren’t able to speak, or they don’t recognize idiomatic expressions, etc.
This is what prompted me to create EngPods.
EngPods is a free website tailored specifically to Italians, but it is also suitable for anyone who wants to improve their English. It’s also ideal for English speakers who would like to improve their Italian.
- Videos will be of various levels (beginner/ intermediate/ advanced)
- These are NOT lessons per se (although every experience in life is a potential lesson)
- Videos will also be posted on sites such as YouTube
- Videos and Mp3s will be downloadable as podcasts
- My goal is to publish 2 to 3 videos per week
- Each video will address different topics and will use typical, everyday expressions, constructions, and vocabulary, etc.